Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- It is assumed that the manuscripts submitted to Islamic Studies are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- There is only one co-author (if any) with the principal author of the article.
- Manuscripts should be typed in MS Word format on A4 size paper in 12 point size in double space.
- Notes referred to in the text should be numbered consecutively.
- A title page should be prepared carrying the title of the article, author’s full name, institutional affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address and any other information that the author may wish to provide with the article.
- References should be inserted as footnotes and numbered consecutively. In general, all citations should follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition. The use of op. cit. is to be avoided. Quoted material should have a full location reference, including the DOI if applicable.
- Words in Arabic, Persian, Turkish and Urdu should follow this journal’s transliteration scheme and conform to the transliteration system shown in the transliteration table of Islamic Studies.
- Original drawings should preferably be submitted in a form ready for printing. Each illustration should bear a number, the author’s name, and the title of the paper. Tables should be clear and comprehensible.
- The authors are required to submit an abstract, not exceeding 250 words along with the manuscript.
Publication of material in the journal means that the author assigns copyright to Islamic Studies including the rights to electronic publishing. This is, inter alia, to ensure the efficient handling of requests from third parties to reproduce articles as well as to enable wide dissemination of the published material. Authors may, however, use their material in other publications acknowledging Islamic Studies as the original place of publication. Requests by third parties for permission to reprint should be addressed to the Editor, Islamic Studies.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.